- 2 peeled and chopped parsnips
- 1 peeled and chopped carrot
- ½ chopped onion
- 2 skinned and chopped tomatoes
- 2 ½ sliced garlic cloves
- 2cm piece fresh root ginger (peeled and finely grated)
- ½ tsp each of ground coriander
- cumin seeds and black mustard seeds
- ¼ tsp turmeric and seasoning
- Chopped coriander or parsley
- Lemon juice
- 60g fat-free yoghurt
- shredded spring onion to serve
- finely chopped chilli
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6.
- Spray a non-stick roasting tin with low-calorie cooking spray and add all of the vegetables plus ¼ tsp turmeric and seasoning.
- Toss well, spray with more low-calorie cooking spray and roast for 40 minutes or until the vegetables are soft and just beginning to brown.
- Transfer the roasted vegetables to a saucepan over a low heat and add 500ml boiling veg stock.
- Bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Blitz the soup with a stick blender (or use a food processor or blender).
- Reheat gently, then stir in some lemon juice and some chopped fresh coriander or parsley. Check the seasoning too.
- Mix 60g fat-free natural Greek yoghurt, ½ crushed garlic clove and a pinch of salt in a small bowl.
- Ladle the soup into a bowl and add a stylish swirl of the garlic yoghurt.
- Top with shredded spring onion and finely chopped chilli and scatter over the remaining herbs to serve.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230