9oz/255g chopped frozen spinach, defrosted
8ox/227g fat-free natural cottage cheese
2 eggs yolks
2 garlic cloves, crushed
4oz/113g button mushrooms, finely chopped
1 onion, finely chopped
1 red pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
6ox/170g reduced-fat cheddar cheese, grated
A small handful of fresh basil leaves, chopped
A few extra basil leaves for garnish.
A pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
Salt and freshly black pepper
250g pack dried cannelloni
1lb 8oz/567g passata with onion and garlic
a crisp green salad, to serve
1. Preheat your oven to 200 C/ 400 F/Gas 6, Squeeze out any excess water from the spinach and spray a medium size baking dish with fry light.
2. Put the Spinach, cottage cheese, egg yolks, garlic, Mushroom, Onion, Pepper, Half the chopped basil in a bowl, Add the nutmeg season well and mix together
3. Using a piping bag (or a teaspoon), carefully fill the cannelloni tubes with the spinach and cheese mixture.
4. Place the filled tubes in the baking dish in a single layer and pour over the passata, making sure all the cannelloni is completely covered.
5. Sprinkle over the remaining cheese and chopped basil. Cover with foil and cook for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for a further 20 minutes, or until the pasta is tender and the top is golden.
6. Garnish with the reserved basil leaves and finish with a twist of black pepper. Divide between 4 plates and serve with a crisp green salad.