- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 600g fillet steak, all visible fat removed, cut into small chunks
- 400g button mushrooms, quartered
- 200g celeriac, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 200g small shallots, peeled
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- A small handful of fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 200ml beef stock
- 2 tbsp Guinness
- 1 level tbsp gravy granules
- 100g Jus-Rol Light Puff Pastry
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- For The Mash:
- 800g floury potatoes, such as Desiree or King Edward, peeled and roughly chopped
- 400g Brussel sprouts, finely shredded
- 100ml hot vegetable stock
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 220°C/Fan 200°C/Gas mark 7. Place a large, heavy-based frying pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray over a high heat. Add the steak and stir-fry for 5-6 minutes, until browned.
- Add the mushrooms, celeriac, shallots, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, stock, Guinness and gravy granules and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Remove from the heat and divide the mixture between 4 deep, oval pie dishes, each about 12 cm long.
- Roll out the pastry and cut out 4 lids to fit the pie dishes. Brush the rims of the dishes with water, cover the pies with the pastry lids and press down with a fork. Brush each lid with the beaten egg. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until risen and golden.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes for 12-15 minutes, or until tender, adding the sprouts for the last 5 minutes. Drain, return to the pan and add the stock. Season and mash well then serve immediately
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230