Ready in 1 hour
low-calorie cooking spray
1kg swede peeled and roughly chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 red onion finely chopped
2 garlic cloves crushed
2 celery sticks finely chopped
2 carrots peeled and finely chopped
500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
400g can chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp vegetable stock
1 tsp sweetener
2 tsp dried oregano
1 egg lightly beaten
vegetables to serve
- Cook the swede in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain, return to the pan and mash until smooth. Season to taste and set aside.
- Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the onion, garlic, celery and carrots and stir-fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the mince and stir-fry for 5 minutes, then add the tomatoes, stock, sweetener and oregano and stir well. Bring to the boil and remove from the heat.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Transfer the beef mixture to a casserole dish and spread the mashed swede over the top, smoothing the surface with a fork (add a pattern if you like!). Brush with the beaten egg and bake for 25-30 minutes or until lightly golden and bubbling.
- Serve hot with your favourite vegetables.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/medf6070/public_html/bestslimmingworld.com/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230