ready in 35 mins
What you need:
750g lean pork mince (5% fat or less)
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 large garlic clove, crushed
¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
½ small pack fresh dill, chopped
1 medium egg, beaten
low-calorie cooking spray
300ml boiling chicken stock
1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
1 tsp tomato purée
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1 level tsp cornflour
150g plain quark
2 tbsp fat-free natural Greek yogurt
½ tsp paprika
What you do:
1. Put the pork, onion, garlic, nutmeg, 2 tbsp dill, egg, ¾ tsp salt and ½ tsp black pepper in a mixing bowl and mix well. Shape the mixture into 28 meatballs, each about the size of a golf ball.
2. Spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and fry for 8 minutes or until well browned all over and cooked through (you might need to do this in batches). Lift the meatballs onto a plate, cover with foil and keep warm.
3. Add the stock, rosemary and tomato purée to the pan and bring to a simmer. Add the Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and some seasoning to taste, then return the meatballs to the pan. Reduce the heat to low and simmer gently until they have heated through. Mix the cornflour with 6 tbsp quark and add to the pan, swirling it until the sauce is gently simmering and has slightly thickened.
4. To make some quark ‘soured cream’, mix the remaining quark with the yogurt, paprika, 1 tbsp dill and some seasoning to taste.
5. Scatter the remaining dill over the meatballs and serve with the quark ‘soured cream’. This is fantastic with tagliatelle pasta and green vegetables.
Helping you to get motivated
When you join Slimming World, you’ll become a member of a large supportive community of people in a similar situation to you, with a wealth of advice and tips on recipe ideas, meal planning and motivation whenever you need it.
You’ll also be assigned your own highly-trained consultant — a former member who can help you to set your own weight-loss and fitness goals. Members agree that this support is often key to their success.
You can choose between joining your local group or online.
If you’d like to join a group, please contact your local Consultant to find out how your group is running safely in line with local and national guidance.
All offer full details of how Slimming World’s Food Optimising programme works.
There is a huge list of Free Food to choose from, which doesn’t need to be weighed, calorie counted or measured.
You can also snack on these to satisfy your hunger in between meals.
In addition, you are encouraged to eat measured quantities of certain foods, known as ‘Healthy Extras’ that provide nutrients essential for a healthy, balanced diet.
These include milk and cheese (for calcium) and cereals and wholemeal bread (for fibre and minerals).
And so you never feel deprived you can enjoy limited amounts of treats which are higher-calorie, less filling foods that include chocolate, crisps and alcohol.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230