Serves 4 (Ready in 45 minutes)
- 750g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
- 1½ tsp each of mild chilli powder and ground cumin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 x 400g cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 198g can sweetcorn, drained and rinsed
- 200g white cabbage, shredded
- Juice of 1 lime
- 200g fat-free natural yogurt
- 200g dried long-grain rice
- 2 baby gem lettuces, shredded
- A small pack of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- For the salsa:
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 300g tomatoes, diced
- 1-2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tbsp white or red wine vinegar
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas 6. Toss the sweet potatoes in 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp cumin and a little salt. Spray with low calorie cooking spray and arrange in a single layer on a baking tray. Roast for 25 minutes, or until soft and golden, then set aside.
2. Meanwhile, in 3 separate serving dishes: mix the salsa ingredients with the remaining chilli powder and season; mix the black beans with the sweetcorn and the remaining cumin; and mix the cabbage with the lime juice and 2 tbsp yogurt, then leave to soften for 5 minutes. Cook the rice according to the packet instructions and drain well. Divide between 4 bowls.
3. To serve, mix the lettuce and coriander into the cabbage mixture. Let everyone fill their bowl with the cabbage slaw, sweet potato chunks, beans and sweetcorn, tomato salsa and a dollop of the remaining yogurt.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230