Syns per serving 6 (deduct 6 Syns if using the reduced-fat Cheddar as a Healthy Extra)
freezer-friendly (chilli only)
ready in 1 hour 30 mins
What you need:
500g lean beef mince (5% fat or less)
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 red peppers, deseeded and finely sliced
2 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp hot smoked paprika
2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 beef stock cube
8 small sweet potatoes
160g reduced-fat Cheddar, grated
chopped gherkins, to serve
fat-free natural Greek-style yogurt, to serve
For the coleslaw:
½ white cabbage, shredded
2 carrots, coarsely grated
1 red onion, finely sliced
60g fat-free natural yogurt
1 small garlic clove, crushed
juice of ½ lemon
What you do:
1. Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Place a large, shallow, lidded, flameproof casserole dish over a medium-high heat. Dry-fry the mince for 2-3 minutes until browned, breaking it up with a wooden spoon. Drain off any liquid, then add the onion, garlic, peppers, spices, tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and the stock cube with 200ml water.
2. Bring to a simmer and cover. Place in the oven and cook for 1 hour, or until reduced and bubbling. At the same time, put the sweet potatoes on a non-stick baking tray and bake for 50-60 minutes, or until soft.
3. Meanwhile, to make the coleslaw, mix together all the ingredients. Season to taste and set aside.
4. Set aside the cooked potatoes. Heat your grill to high. Remove the lid from the casserole dish, evenly scatter over the cheese, then grill for 3-4 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
5. Scatter over the gherkins. Divide between 4 plates. Serve with 2 sweet potatoes per person, some coleslaw and a dollop of yogurt.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230