100g bulgar wheat
750g ripe plum tomatoes
6 spring onions
2 large bunches flat-leaf parsley
50g mint leaves
juice of 3 lemons
60ml chicken stock made from Bovril
pinch of ground allspice
salt and freshly ground black pepper
small cos or little gem lettuce leaves
1. Soak the bulgar wheat for 15-20 minutes in a large bowl of cold water until soft and swollen. Check the grains to see if tender, then drain thoroughly, pressing out any excess liquid.
2. Transfer the soaked bulgar wheat to a large, shallow, non-reactive serving dish and spread evenly.
3. Roughly chop the tomatoes, saving the juices, and spoon this evenly over the bulgar wheat. While the tomato juices are soaking in, trim and slice the spring onions finely and scatter them over the tomatoes. Finely chop the herbs and spread over the spring onions. Mix all the ingredients thoroughly.
4. Mix together the lemon juice, stock and allspice and pour over the tabbouleh. Toss to mix really well, season, cover, and allow the tabbouleh to stand for 30 minutes to allow the flavours to blend.
5. Serve with the small lettuce leaves for scooping the tabbouleh out of the dish.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230