- 6 tbsp tandoori curry powder, heat to your taste
- ½-1 tsp chilli powder, heat to your taste
- 5 tbsp plain quark
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, halved lengthways on the diagonal
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 500g passata
- 2 tsp black onion seeds
- 1 chicken stock cube, crumbled
- 1 tsp Marmite
- 600g potatoes, cut into cubes
- 3 red peppers, deseeded and cut into large chunks
- 250g cherry tomatoes
- Chopped fresh coriander, to serve
- Mix the curry powder and chilli powder in a small bowl. Put 2 tbsp of the mixture in a wide bowl, add the quark and a pinch of salt and mix well. Add the chicken to the quark and turn to coat well, then cover and marinate in the fridge.
- To make the tandoori sauce, spray a large non-stick saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a high heat. Add the onions and brown for 5 minutes or until golden brown, adding a splash of water if needed. Reduce the heat to medium and add the tomato purée, vinegar, ginger, garlic and 3 tbsp of the curry powder mix. Cook for 5 minutes, adding a splash of water if needed. Add the passata, onion seeds, stock cube, Marmite and 300ml boiling water. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the potatoes in a saucepan of boiling water over a high heat and cook for 10 minutes or until slightly soft. Drain well, transfer to a bowl and sprinkle over the remaining curry powder mix. Stir to coat well and set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Pour the tandoori sauce evenly around a large non-stick baking tray or ovenproof dish. Spread the marinated chicken pieces evenly around the tray or dish, followed by the potatoes. Top with the peppers and cherry tomatoes, spray with low-calorie cooking spray and roast for 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Scatter over the coriander to serve.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230