400g chicken, diced into one inch square pieces
Thai sticky rice
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp of Sukrin Gold
1 tsp of sesame oil (2 syns)
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated finely
Quarter tsp onion powder
Quarter tsp ground ginger
2 spring onions, finely sliced
1. Spray a non stick frying pan with frylight and fry up your chicken and half of your spring onion for about 4 minutes. Remove from the heat.
2. Put on your sticky rice, cook as instructed on the packet.
2. Take a saucepan and add the rest of your ingredients apart from the other spring onion as above (fresh ginger, onion powder, ground ginger, garlic, sesame oil, sukrin gold, soy sauce and water) and mix well before turning on the heat. Bring to the boil and allow to reduce for about 10 minutes until it starts to thicken.
3. When the sauce is thicker, add your chicken and spring onion from the frying pan and cook for a further 5-10 minutes. The sauce should be quite gloopy by now. Chop in your remaining spring onions for the last 1 minute, use the green part as well as the white they taste delicious in this recipe!
4. Serve with your sticky rice and watercress on the side. You can also add pickled ginger, if you wish!