2 Syns per serving, serves 4
3 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 level tbsp sweetener
20g fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
3 cloves garlic, grated
1 level tbsp cornflour
500g firm plain tofu, cut into 5mm-deep strips
275g dried basmati rice
low-calorie cooking spray
2 red onions, finely sliced
2 red chillies, deseeded and sliced
2 level tsp sesame seeds, to serve
1. Put the soy sauce, 80ml water, the sweetener, ginger, garlic and cornflour in a bowl. Add the tofu to the mixture and leave to marinate for 5-10 minutes.
2. Cook the rice according to the pack instructions, then drain and cool under cold running water.
3. Meanwhile, spray a large non-stick frying pan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium-high heat. Add the onions and chillies to the pan and cook until softened. Add the tofu and marinade, mixing well. Cook for 5 minutes, or until the tofu is warmed through and the sauce has thickened.
4. Add the mangetout and cook for just a couple of minutes – you want the mangetout to still be crunchy.
5. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve hot, with the rice.