ready in 5 hours 35 minutes
What you need:
1½ tsp smoked paprika
1½ tsp ground cumin
½ level tsp sweetener granules
1kg lean pork shoulder, visible fat removed
4 baking potatoes
low-calorie cooking spray
200g barbecue sauce (see recipe below), warmed
For the slaw:
½ red cabbage, cored and finely sliced
2 eating apples, cored and finely sliced
1 red onion, finely sliced
½ small pack fresh parsley, leaves chopped, reserving some to serve
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1. Preheat your oven to 150°C/ fan 130°C/gas 2. Mix together the spices and sweetener with ½ tsp salt, then rub all over the pork. Line a roasting tin with a large piece of foil, ensuring there is plenty overhanging the edges of the tin. Add the pork with 200ml water. Bring the foil up and over the pork, and scrunch the sides together to make a tightly sealed tent. Cook for 5 hours, until the pork is really tender.
2. Meanwhile, prick the potatoes all over with a fork. Microwave for 6 minutes on high, or until tender. Spray with low-calorie cooking spray and season with salt. Wrap each potato in a piece of foil.
3. Light your barbecue coals. When the pork has around 10 minutes left to cook, place the potatoes in the barbecue embers and cook for 30 minutes, turning halfway, to get crispy skins.
4. Remove the pork from the oven and discard the foil. Brush all over with 3 tbsp barbecue sauce. Cook the pork on the barbecue for 15-20 minutes, or until crisped up all over, turning occasionally. Meanwhile, mix together all the slaw ingredients, season lightly and set aside.
5. Remove the pork from the barbecue and, using 2 forks, shred into bite-size pieces. Put in a large bowl and fold through 120g warmed barbecue sauce. Unwrap the potatoes, then split and divide between 4 plates with the slaw. Spoon the pulled pork over the potatoes with the remaining barbecue sauce, then scatter the slaw with the reserved parsley to serve.
Slimming World barbecue sauce recipe
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce or vegetarian alternative
1 tsp mustard powder
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp no-added-sugar orange squash
1 level tsp sweetener granules
1. Place a non-stick saucepan over a medium-high heat. Add all of the ingredients to the pan. Season lightly and bubble gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, and serve warm.
2. Allow any unused sauce to cool and tip into an airtight container – it will keep in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230