- Low calorie cooking spray
- 1 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 6 shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 tbsp finely chopped lemon grass
- 6 green cardamom pods
- 2tsp black mustard seeds
- 800g pumpkin (or butternut squash) flesh, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 200ml light coconut milk
- Juice of 1 lime, plus extra wedges to serve
- Red chilli slivers, to garnish (optional)
- Spray a saucepan with low calorie cooking spray and stir-fry the curry paste with the shallots, lemon grass, cardamom pods and mustard seeds over a medium heat for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Stir in the pumpkin and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, then pour in the stock and coconut milk. Simmer for about 30 minutes until the pumpkin is tender.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lime juice. This curry is delicious garnished with slivers of chilli and rice.