There’s no need to pop out for this chippy classic – stay home and enjoy all those deeply delicious flavours for a fraction of the Syns!
2 Syns per serving
Serves 4Fancy an extra chip-shop touch? Swap the frozen peas for canned mushy peas; they’re both Free.
- 4 large baking potatoes, cut into chips
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 4 thick skinless and boneless cod loin fillets
- 1 large egg, separated
- 2 slices wholemeal bread (from a small 400g loaf), whizzed into breadcrumbs in your food processor
- Frozen peas, to serve
- 8 tbsp passata mixed with 4 tbsp tomato purée, to serve
For the tartare sauce:
- 2 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- 4 tbsp drained and roughly chopped gherkins
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 level tbsp extra-light mayonnaise
- 200g fat-free natural fromage frais
- 1 tbsp finely grated unwaxed lemon zest
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Cook the chips in a pan of boiling water for 3-4 minutes, then drain well. Spread them out on a non-stick baking tray in a single layer and spray with low-calorie cooking spray. Season lightly and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden.
- Meanwhile, line a baking tray with baking paper and place the fish on top.
- Whisk the egg white in a large bowl until it forms soft peaks. Whisk the egg yolk in a separate bowl then gently fold into the egg white. Season lightly, stir gently to mix, then spoon the ‘batter’ over the tops of the fish. Scatter a quarter of the breadcrumbs evenly over each fillet and bake alongside the chips for 10-12 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and lightly browned.
- Cook the peas in simmering water for 5 minutes, then drain. Mix together the tartare sauce ingredients and season to taste. Serve 1 fish fillet and a quarter of the tartare sauce per person with the chips, peas and ‘ketchup’.
Helping you to get motivated
When you join Slimming World, you’ll become a member of a large supportive community of people in a similar situation to you, with a wealth of advice and tips on recipe ideas, meal planning and motivation whenever you need it.
You’ll also be assigned your own highly-trained consultant — a former member who can help you to set your own weight-loss and fitness goals. Members agree that this support is often key to their success.
You can choose between joining your local group or online.
If you’d like to join a group, please contact your local Consultant to find out how your group is running safely in line with local and national guidance.
All offer full details of how Slimming World’s Food Optimising programme works.
There is a huge list of Free Food to choose from, which doesn’t need to be weighed, calorie counted or measured.
You can also snack on these to satisfy your hunger in between meals.
In addition, you are encouraged to eat measured quantities of certain foods, known as ‘Healthy Extras’ that provide nutrients essential for a healthy, balanced diet.
These include milk and cheese (for calcium) and cereals and wholemeal bread (for fibre and minerals).
And so you never feel deprived you can enjoy limited amounts of treats which are higher-calorie, less filling foods that include chocolate, crisps and alcohol.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230