- Ready in: Less than 30 Minutes
- Syns per serving: 1½
- 225g dried seashell pasta shapes or any short-shaped pasta
- 150g French beans, trimmed
- 1 cucumber, cut into 1.5cm dice
- 100g cherry tomatoes, halved and quartered
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 6 large gherkins, chopped
- 2 tbsp capers, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- 100g bottled roasted red peppers in brine, drained and roughly chopped
- 2 x 175g cans tuna steak in spring water, drained and flaked
for the pesto:
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 50g fresh basil, roughly chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 4 level tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 100g fat free natural fromage frais
- 100ml vegetable stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, adding the French beans for the last 4 minutes of cooking time Drain and rinse under cold running water. Drain again and set aside.
2 Meanwhile make the —pesto by placing all the pesto ingredients in a food processor. Blend until well mixed and fairly smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a spatula and blend again briefly. Transfer
to a bowl and season well.
3 Place the cooked pasta and beans in a wide salad bowl and spoon over the pesto. Add all the remaining ingredients and toss to mix well. Check the seasoning and serve immediately.
Helping you to get motivated
When you join Slimming World, you’ll become a member of a large supportive community of people in a similar situation to you, with a wealth of advice and tips on recipe ideas, meal planning and motivation whenever you need it.
You’ll also be assigned your own highly-trained consultant — a former member who can help you to set your own weight-loss and fitness goals. Members agree that this support is often key to their success.
You can choose between joining your local group or online.
If you’d like to join a group, please contact your local Consultant to find out how your group is running safely in line with local and national guidance.
All offer full details of how Slimming World’s Food Optimising programme works.
There is a huge list of Free Food to choose from, which doesn’t need to be weighed, calorie counted or measured.
You can also snack on these to satisfy your hunger in between meals.
In addition, you are encouraged to eat measured quantities of certain foods, known as ‘Healthy Extras’ that provide nutrients essential for a healthy, balanced diet.
These include milk and cheese (for calcium) and cereals and wholemeal bread (for fibre and minerals).
And so you never feel deprived you can enjoy limited amounts of treats which are higher-calorie, less filling foods that include chocolate, crisps and alcohol.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230