- Low calorie cooking spray
- 500g lean turkey mince (5% fat or less)
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 level tsp chicken gravy granules
- 225g carrots, peeled and cut into 1.5cm cubes
- A small handful of fresh sage, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp English mustard powder
- 450g Maris Piper potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 450g swede, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 4 tbsp vegetable stock
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150g frozen peas and 200g green beans, to serve
- Place a frying pan sprayed with low calorie cooking spray over a high heat. Add the turkey mince and leek and stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until the mince is slightly browned.
- Mix the gravy granules with 425ml boiling water and add to the pan with the carrots, sage and mustard powder. Bring to the boil, stirring. Cover, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 25 minutes. Preheat your oven to 200ºC/180ºC Fan/ Gas 6.
- Meanwhile, make the topping by boiling the potatoes and swede for 15-20 minutes until just tender. Drain and then return to the pan. Add the stock and half the egg and season. Mash until smooth.
- Spoon the mince mixture into an ovenproof pie dish and then top with the mash. Roughen up the surface with a fork and then brush over the remaining egg.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the top is golden and the filling is bubbling. Boil the green beans and peas for 4 minutes. Divide the thatch and vegetables between 4 plates and serve.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230