- 500g potatoes
- 500g sweet potatoes
- 250g tub The Lake District Dairy Co. Quark
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- freshly grated nutmeg
- salt and ground black pepper
- 80g mature Cheddar, grated
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- Preheat the oven to 200oC/Fan 180oC/Gas Mark 6. Peel the potatoes then place them whole in a large pan of cold, salted water and bring to the boil. Cover and simmer for 8 mins or until they are just tender. Drain in a colander and rinse the potatoes in cold water to cool.
- Cut the potatoes into slices the thickness of a one pound coin. In the pan mix the cornflour to a smooth paste with a little cold water, then add 90ml water, The Lake District Dairy Co. Quark, garlic, nutmeg, mustard powder and plenty of seasoning. Add the potatoes and stir to coat in the mixture.
- Tip the mixture into a large ovenproof dish. Use a spoon and fork to arrange the potato mixture levelling it. Sprinkle over the cheese. Place the dish on a baking tray then bake in the centre of the oven for 25-30 mins or until golden brown on top.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230