The essential Italian sauce has never tasted as good or been so easy to prepare. We recommend making extra without the pasta and freezing it for a rainy day!
½ Syn per serving
The sauce on its own is Free, suitable for freezing, gluten-free and vegan.
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 150ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp mixed chopped fresh herbs (such as rosemary, basil and parsley) or 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 level tsp sweetener granules (optional)
- 500g dried rigatoni or other pasta shapes
- 2 level tbsp freshly grated Parmesan, or vegetarian alternative
- Spray a non-stick saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the garlic and onion and cook for 3-4 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally and adding a splash of water if anything sticks.
- Add the tomato purée and cook for 1 minute, stirring, then add the chopped tomatoes, stock, vinegar, herbs, sweetener (if using) and a little salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the pack instructions and drain well.
- Stir the tomato sauce through the pasta and divide between bowls, then sprinkle over the Parmesan and serve hot with a salad.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230