Free, serves 4
1 large onion, finely chopped
1 celery stick, finely chopped
400g carrots, 150g finely chopped, the rest cut into small chunks
1 medium leek, finely chopped
Leaves from 1 large fresh thyme sprig, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp tomato purée
4 tsp vegan bouillon powder
1 tsp vegan yeast extract
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1 bay leaf
175g plain vegan soya mince
750g floury potatoes, such as King Edward, peeled and cut into large chunks
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Put the onion, celery, finely chopped carrots, leek, thyme, garlic and 3 tbsp water in a medium-size non-stick saucepan over a medium-low heat. Season lightly, cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in the tomato purée, bouillon powder, yeast extract, vinegar, bay leaf and 250ml boiling water. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in the soya mince and simmer uncovered for 8-10 minutes or until the sauce has thickened. Discard the bay leaf.
- Meanwhile, put the potatoes and carrot chunks into separate pans of cold salted water. Bring to the boil over a high heat, reduce the heat to low and simmer both for 20 minutes or until soft. Drain well and return to their separate pans.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6. Put the carrots in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Mash the potatoes until smooth, then stir in the carrots, parsley and seasoning to taste.
- Spoon the soya mince mixture into a shallow ovenproof dish, about 30cm x 25cm. Spoon the potato and carrot mash over the top and lightly level the surface with a fork. Bake for 30 minutes and serve hot with Speed vegetables.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230