free, serves 4
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1kg prepared butternut squash, cut into chip-size batons
- 100g dried buckwheat
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ tsp dried sage
- 300g prepared cauliflower florets
- 500g dried macaroni
- 350g prepared small broccoli florets
- 4 tsp vegan yeast extract
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat your oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas 6.
- Spray a large non-stick roasting tin with low-calorie cooking spray. Add the squash, season lightly and toss well. Roast for 30-35 minutes or until tender, turning halfway.
- Meanwhile, cook the buckwheat according to the pack instructions. Drain and set aside.
- At the same time, spray a large non-stick saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and add the onion, garlic, sage, 2 tbsp water and a little salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until really soft.
- Bring another large saucepan of water to the boil. Add the cauliflower, bring back to the boil and cook for 7 minutes or until very tender. Remove with a slotted spoon and leave to drain in a colander. Add the macaroni to the same pan, bring back to the boil and stir once to stop it sticking. Cook for 4 minutes, then add the broccoli, bring back to the boil and cook for a further 4 minutes or until the macaroni and broccoli are tender. Drain well, reserving 150ml of the cooking water.
- Put the onion, cauliflower, vegan yeast extract, half the squash and the pasta water in a food processor, and blend to a smooth purée. Return to the pan and stir in the macaroni, broccoli and remaining squash. Divide between plates, scatter with the buckwheat and sprinkle over the herbs to serve.
credits: sw official
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230