- Low calorie cooking spray
- 2 large onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 1 green pepper, 1 red pepper and 1 yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 4cm piece root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 280g pack vegan Quorn pieces
- 250g long-grain rice
- 200g okra, washed, topped and tailed but not chopped
- 400g can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Spray a large frying pan with low calorie cooking spray and cook the onion, celery and peppers for 5 minutes. Add the ginger and garlic and cook for a further minute. Stir in the spices and a third of the stock and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, Quorn pieces and another third of the stock, bring to the boil and add the rice. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the okra and kidney beans and bring back to the boil. Add the remaining stock and simmer for 10 minutes until the rice is cooked and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in the lemon or lime juice and season to taste before serving.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230