- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 125g dried quinoa
- 450ml hot vegetable stock
- Zest and juice of 1 unwaxed lemon, plus extra wedges to serve
- 150g savoy cabbage, finely sliced
- 15g fresh flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 50g fat-free natural Greek-style yogurt or plain and unsweetened dairy-free yogurt with added calcium, to serve
- Spray a large, deep, non-stick frying pan with a little low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat.
- Fry the onion for 3-4 minutes, then add a splash of water and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Add the pepper and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and quinoa and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the stock, season and simmer for 30 minutes on a medium-low heat until the stock is nearly absorbed and the quinoa is tender, but still has some bite.
- Stir in the lemon zest and juice, cabbage and most of the parsley. Simmer for a few minutes, or until the cabbage has wilted. Divide between bowls and top with a dollop of the yogurt, the remaining parsley and a twist of black pepper. Serve with lemon wedges for squeezing over.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230