- 225g green cabbage, finely shredded
- Low calorie cooking spray
- 500g onions, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 900g Maris Piper potatoes, thinly sliced
- Steamed green beans, to serve
- Preheat your oven to 190°C/170°C Fan/Gas 5. Blanch the shredded cabbage in a pan of boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- Spray a pan with low calorie cooking spray, add the onions, a little salt and one sprig of rosemary. Cover and cook gently over a low heat for 20 minutes, stirring often. Discard the rosemary and set aside.
- Spray the potato slices all over with low calorie cooking spray and season. Arrange half the potatoes in the bottom of an ovenproof frying pan, overlapping, in a circle. Add a layer of cabbage, a layer of onions and finally another layer of potatoes. Place the pan on the hob over a medium heat for 5 minutes to colour the bottom, then transfer to the oven and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the potatoes are cooked.
- Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 10 minutes. Place a plate on top of the frying pan and turn out the onion cake. Remove the leaves from the remaining sprig of rosemary and chop. Garnish with the chopped rosemary and serve with steamed green beans.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230