This flavoursome Slimming World tomato and basil sauce was made for a juicy chicken breast or grilled fish, or to stir through freshly cooked pasta!
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 fresh oregano sprigs, leaves picked and chopped, or ½ tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
- 200g passata
- ½ small pack basil, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Spray a large non-stick saucepan with low-calorie cooking spray and place over a medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, oregano, tomato purée, chilli flakes and cumin and cook for 5 minutes, adding a few tbsp water if it starts looking dry.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and passata and bring to the boil over a high heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Stir in the basil and balsamic vinegar and season to taste.
- Serve with pasta or your favourite Free Food.