- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp onion seeds
- 1 tsp ground fenugreek
- 1 tsp curry powder (heat to your taste)
- 400g can chickpeas, drained
- 200g passata
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- 1 vegetable stock cube, crumbled
- 300g dried basmati rice
- 1 large aubergine, sliced into 0.5cm-thick discs
- Low-calorie cooking spray
- Florets from 1 medium cauliflower
- 100g kale, thick stalks discarded
- Small pack coriander, roughly chopped
- Preheat your oven to 180°C/fan 160°C/gas 4.
- Put the onion, garlic, ginger and a few tbsp water in a non-stick saucepan over a medium heat. Cook for 10 minutes, adding more water if it’s looking dry. Add all the spices and cook for 5 minutes, adding a few more tbsp water if needed. Add the chickpeas, passata, tomato purée and stock cube. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to low and cook for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the pack instructions and drain well.
- Place the aubergine discs on a non-stick baking tray, spray with low-calorie cooking spray and cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until softened, turning them halfway.
- Put the cauliflower florets in a large pan of boiling water over a high heat. Cook for around 5 minutes or until tender, adding the kale for the last 2 minutes.
- Stir the rice and cauliflower into the sauce and season to taste. Add the aubergine, kale and coriander and serve hot.
Ultimate Slimming Tips!
Slimming Tip 1 – Don’t go hungry
If you are hungry you need to eat. Depriving your body of food will just see you miserable and maybe even grabbing the high fat, high sugar foods instead. And that’s really not going to help.
Slimming Tip 2 – Fill up on Super Slimming Foods
Now no food has the power to actually slim you down, but the foods with the least calories for the most amount of filling power will cut your calorie intake without you even realising.
These foods what to take priory over other foods, by filling your plate with at least 1/3 of the Super Slimming Foods will see the lbs literally drop off.
Slimming Tip 3 – Plan Plan Plan
Fail to plan is planning to fail. Make a solid plan not only for the foods and meal you are going to enjoy but also what might get in your way. If you know you have a night out, that’s fine, just plan… What food will you order? What drinks will you order? And stick to your plan for amazing weight losses.
With so many slimming world meals that can be adapted to your lifestyle. From batch cooking and making the most of your time by using the slow cooker. Our aim is to develop healthy recipes that can fit into any diet you are following. With a strong emphasis on budget family meal recipes with a good dollop of motivation and self-belief.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230