- Low-calorie cooking spray
- 100g Back bacon rashers, all visible fat removed, chopped
- 400g Small shallots
- 700g Stewing beef, all visible fat removed, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 Garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 150ml Red wine
- 425ml Beef stock
- 1 Level tbsp tomato purée
- Sprig of fresh rosemary
- Sprig of fresh thyme
- 1 Bay leaf
- 700g Swede, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 50ml Vegetable stock
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- Small handful fresh parsley, chopped, to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F/gas 4. Place a large frying pan sprayed with low-calorie cooking spray over a medium heat. Add the bacon and shallots and fry for 3-4 minutes until starting to brown. Add the beef. Stir-fry for 5-7 minutes over a high heat until browned.
- Stir in the garlic, red wine, stock, tomato purée and herbs. Season, bring to the boil and then transfer to a casserole dish. Cover and cook in the oven for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, boil the swede for 12-15 minutes until tender. Drain. Add the stock and nutmeg, then season and mash.
- Divide the bourguignon and mash between 4 plates, garnish with parsley and serve.
- To reheat, defrost overnight in a cool place. Once thawed, transfer to the fridge. To cook, pour the bourguignon into a pan and bring to the boil, stirring. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring, until hot. Transfer the mash to a pan. Stir and cook over a low heat, adding a little extra vegetable stock if needed, for 5 minutes, or until hot. Garnish with parsley to serve.
Warning: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/customer/www/bestslimmingworld.com/public_html/wp-content/themes/flex-mag-edit/single.php on line 230